Are there Professional Services for House Fire Cleanup in Newark?
SERVPRO technicians are trained and experienced in fire restoration services. Call now!
SERVPRO Fire and Smoke Cleanup Technicians in Newark Can Help Deal with Fire Debris in your Home
A house fire can stain walls, furnishings, and textiles with smoke residues or odor. These home emergencies can also leave significant amounts of fire debris on the property, which could be challenging to remove. SERVPRO has local fire restoration technicians that can help repair your home.
Comprehensive fire and smoke cleanup in your Newark home are available. SERVPRO technicians are trained extensively in the different types of smoke residue and how they can affect the house's materials. Using our industry-leading training, we can reduce losses and return your home to its preloss condition.
- Fire debris can be double-sealed and removed from the property for safe disposal.
- Production technicians can sort salvageable and non-salvageable materials first to increase restoration efficiency.
- Using industrial chemical solvents and alkaline cleaners, our team can remove smoke residues from walls or ceilings.
To make a full recovery from a property fire, contact SERVPRO of Newark for fire and smoke cleanup at (302) 733-7933.
What Commercial Water Removal Services are Available in Newark?
SERVPRO has your property covered when it comes to water restoration services needed. Call now and have the results you are looking for.
SERVPRO Assists Newark Businesses with Efficient Cleanup and Water Removal Techniques
The plumbing and structure of business premises typically experience higher usage than in residential buildings. The increased amount of stress put on internal plumbing can lead to pipe bursts or other issues, which often result in a temporary closure. Without correct intervention, a water intrusion problem can cause significant harm to premises and worsen over time.
When performing commercial water removal in Newark businesses, SERVPRO follows S500 guidelines. The S500 is a cleaning and restoration guide from a nationally recognized certifications body--the IICRC--Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification. With industry-leading training and equipment, our technicians can help to restore the structure of your home safely and with minimum inconvenience or business interruption.
- SERVPRO follows proper site safety for both workers and staff of the premises.
- We document damages and processes digitally throughout the procedure to guarantee transparency.
- Our services include mitigation and drying as well as cleaning and repairs.
Reduce losses through temporary closure at your business. Contact SERVPRO of Newark for water removal at (302) 733-7933.
Is Professional Mold Removal Necessary for Newark Homes?
Microbial growth is a lot faster than what people think. SERVPRO has top techs for mold remediation for your home.
SERVPRO Mold Remediation Technicians are Available for Newark Residents All Year Around
Newark is a college city in Delaware State that boasts excellent shopping along Main Street, scenic beauty, and outdoor activities. Newark is famous for its fabulous mansions, which rivals those found along New York State's Gold Coast. One of the primary reasons for its status as a luxury getaway for some of America's elite citizens is its history as a home for the Du Pont family. The region just north of Newark is characterized by its stately homes, which extend several miles from the wooded roads and give the area its nickname of "Chateau Country." Today, many of these historic shrines to indulgence are open to the public and well worth taking a visit if you stay in nearby Newark.
As a college town, visiting Newark's Bob Carpenter Center to catch a local basketball game is an essential part of local life. The arena has a relatively small capacity, so seeing one local craft brewery can also provide a local flavor to your visit. The Iron Hill Brewery is a popular spot with outdoor seating for summer evenings. The brewery is also conveniently located nearby to Newark's Iron Hill Museum, which celebrates the town's early rural history on Old Baltimore Park. Despite modernizing significantly in recent years, the region's history as a rural agricultural center still lives on with regular farmers' markets. The Newark Farmers Market along Kirkwood Highway is one of the most popular and runs monthly on Saturdays.
- The Nemours Estate is perhaps the most iconic of the Du Pont family mansions and is located near Newark. The stately home and grounds are open to the public throughout the year, with many tours covering both this property and nearby Winterthur gardens.
- The First State National Historical Park is a prime location to soak up Newark's scenic beauty and unique history. Highlights within the park include its numerous hiking trails, Woodlawn, and the New Castle Court House. Both these landmarks are part of the National Monuments initiative.
- Newark is an essential part of the First State's history trail. Trail passports can be picked up from tourism offices across the city and provide curated guides to the plethora of historic sites in the region. The trail passport also includes several guided tours across Brandywine, Newark, and wider Delaware.
SERVPRO Mold Remediation Technicians Can Help to Identify and Remove Mold from your Newark Home.
The growth of mold colonies is mainly dependent on moisture. Over time, the initial insulation or piping within a property can deteriorate. This deterioration can lead to the buildup of damp spots, which in turn become hotbeds for microbial growth activity:
- Attic Mold
- Basement Mold Remediation
- Bathroom Mold Removal
We are a licensed professional service that can address your property's moisture issue and restore or replace infested materials. Our technicians follow nationally recognized S500 guidelines for mold remediation.
- Technicians can quickly identify and remove non-salvageable materials from home following mold infestation.
- We are experts at reinstalling fittings like carpets and Gypsum Board to return your home to its preloss condition.
- By establishing containment through physical barriers and negative air pressure, we can significantly reduce the likelihood of mold spreading through the home.
Prevent long-term mold infestation at your home. Contact SERVPRO of Newark for mold removal at (302) 733-7933.
Do You Need Water Damage Assistance in Your Finished Basement?
Water damage is no DIY project. SERVPRO technicians are IICRC certified for any size water restoration job.
Newark residents can look to SERVPRO for flawless water damage repair to make everything good-as-new
You put a lot of hard work into the finished basement in your home, so the last thing you want is extensive water damage ruining any of it. SERVPRO features skilled restoration technicians to handle the repair and all controlled demolition necessary to make your Newark property “Like it never even happened.” General contractor license #: 1992104829, Residential contractor license #: 1992104829
Our team could use one or a combination of many methods for restoring your finished basement after a pipe leak, faulty water heater, and anything else that calls for water damage repair in Newark. Some of the services we offer include:
- The removal of contents to facilitate repair or installation of floor coverings
- Seaming carpets or installing replacement carpet
- Addressing water damage in ductwork or cleaning portions of the HVAC system
- Handling electrical system components, including drying, cleaning, or total replacement of switches, outlets, fixtures, and more
- Replacement of drywall or ceiling panels
- Fully cleaning and deodorizing all contents to eliminate the onset of musty odors – making it Certified: SERVPRO Clean
Reconstruction and restoration are areas where we shine at SERVPRO of Newark. When you need minor or extensive water damage repair, we have the technicians, tools, and proven methods to assist. Call us at (302) 733-7933, and we can send out our Green Fleet as soon as possible.
Why Call in Experts for Fire Cleanup?
Fire restoration should be left to the professionals. SERVPRO has you covered from beginning to the end of service.
SERVPRO fire restoration technicians ensure best practices and safety measures while working within your Newark property
The aftermath of a fire creates a range of hazardous conditions. This is why going the DIY route is not the best course of action once your Newark home has had a fire emergency. Whether there was a small fire in your kitchen or a substantial blaze ripped through a sizable portion of your home, SERVPRO follows all of the appropriate safety measures.
Why do you need professional assistance to handle fire restoration in Newark? SERVPRO features IICRC-certified fire and smoke restoration technicians trained to work safely in a variety of conditions. We assess your property to make a note of any known hazards and the best ways to navigate around them, all while exercising precaution. Some of the common risks we note and work with during fire restoration may include:
- Electrical Hazards – Whether fire damaged the electrical system or the potential for moisture due to water used to extinguish the blaze, our techs know how to maneuver carefully with extreme caution.
- Structural Hazards – No one must enter the structure until first responders on the scene deem it safe for entry. We inspect the damage to determine the soundness of critical structural elements.
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Hazards – We work to prevent slip, trip, and fall hazards by inspecting the interior and applying safety measures and signage in suspect areas.
Calling in SERVPRO of Newark ensures your fire restoration moves forward safely for all involved. Contact us 24/7 for emergency response at (302) 733-7933.
How Fast is Professional Water Removal?
When a pipe burst in your place of business, SERVPRO is the team of professionals to call. Let their techs handle the water restoration service needed
SERVPRO arrives quickly to bring your Newark business back to life using proven water cleanup methods
There is a lot to love about Newark, Delaware, including friendly neighbors, lovely landscapes, and rich history. This city is located in New Castle County, where you will find a population of over 31,000 and the proud home of the University of Delaware.
Immerse Yourself in Some Newark History
In 1694, Newark got founded by Welsh and Scots-Irish settlers. Later on, the town was officially established in 1758 when it received a charter from Great Britain's George II. Throughout history, Newark is known for the schools playing a significant role in the region's crafting. For example, Newark Academy was founded in 1743 as a grammar school where some of the first graduates were three of the people who signed the Declaration of Independence. These signers included James Smith, Thomas, McKean, and George Read. Both McKean and Read then went on to have educational institutions named after them: Thomas McKean High School and George Read Middle School.
Newark, Delaware, is Loaded with Great Things to Do and See
Are you looking to get in a little bit of shopping when you are in Newark? Maybe you are a bit of a nature buff, and you want to explore local parks? No matter what is on your schedule, there is enough for everyone to see and experience visiting the area. Because of all of the excellent attractions, shopping centers, restaurants, and event locations, many people are starting to migrate to the region to call it home.
Some great attractions to put on your must-do list include:
- Newark Reservoir – Whether you are looking for a nice place to walk the dog, head out for a run, or take in some fresh air, this natural wonder located on Old Paper Mill Road is a real find. You will have a 1.2-mile paved path throughout the reservoir and a lot of opportunities for wildlife sightings.
- White Clay Creek State Park – Situated on New London Road, this state park features beautiful trails immersed within a lush natural setting. There is also a tri-state trail on-site where you can hike through portions of Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
- Aunt Margaret's Antique Mall – Located on East Main Street, this is a fun shopping experience where you will find a broad selection of antiques, gifts, and vintage jewelry.
Rapid Water Cleanup Calls for Professional-Grade Equipment, Call SERVPRO to Your Newark Business
Once your Newark retail space has a pipe burst and it sends standing water throughout the interior, you need rapid cleanup. Skilled SERVPRO technicians arrive with powerful extraction equipment to get the job done. Water cleanup in unison with drying techniques and deodorization ensures your business is left Certified: SERVPRO (IICRC) Clean!
When we arrive at your commercial location for water cleanup in Newark, some of the tools that we may use include:
- Pumps – Great for removal or water higher than two inches deep
- Extractors – Perfect for handling the cleanup of upholstery and carpeting
No job is too big or too small, and we can handle your commercial water cleanup needs in a flash. Call SERVPRO of Newark at (302) 733-7933, and we send out a crew as soon as possible to get to work.
Kitchen Fires Can Damage Newark Homes
Fire damage is no DIY project. Call SERVPRO and their trained technicians for the quality work you are looking for.
SERVPRO provides fire damage mitigation and restores homes to preloss condition
One of the primary rooms for a house fire is the kitchen. Your kitchen is full of combustibles. Walk away from your stove while cooking, and before you know it, smoke is billowing throughout, and the stove is on fire.
What Are Some of the Damages That Occur with a Cooking Fire?
When fire damage occurs in Newark homes from a cooking fire, our SERVPRO technicians typically see:
- Appliance damage
- Smoke deposits
- Oven hood melting
- Smoke residue on walls and ceilings
- Cabinets with fire damage
Animal proteins are often involved in a kitchen blaze and can be difficult to remove. The smell from this type of protein is pungent. That is why you need professional fire damage services. The everyday kitchen cleaner is not going to do the job.
Protein fires are considered wet smoke because of the grease compounds. Wet smoke bonds with surfaces quickly, making it hard to remove. Ways to handle wet smoke includes:
- Lightly vacuuming up dry or unbonded soot
- Opening windows to provide ventilation
- Hiring professionals to handle the remaining cleanup
If you need professional fire damage mitigation in Newark, contact SERVPRO of Newark at (302) 733-7933. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
When Storms Cause Flooding in Newark Professional Help is Needed
Flood mitigation is no easy task. Call SERVPRO for the professional help that is needed for your property.
Flood damage can impact lower levels, but SERVPRO provides needed restoration help.
Storms can wreak havoc on homes, many times causing flooded basements. It is vital to remove all standing water as fast as possible. The quicker emergency mitigations take place; the faster SERVPRO can dry your home and its contents.
What Can Homeowners Do When the Basement Floods?
If you have flood damage in your Brookside home, safety should be your first concern. Don’t venture into the basement until you are sure it is safe. Safety concerns include:
- Electrical hazards
- Hidden slip and fall danger
- Injury from unseen debris
- Contaminated floodwater
Bacterial growth from floodwaters is hazardous. It can contain other contaminants, such as medical or chemical waste, dirt, and viruses. Moisture left unattended increases the risk of mold as well. That is why getting mitigation fast is necessary. If not, you could end up with damaged:
- Subflooring and baseboards
- Carpet and padding
- Structural elements
- Personal belongings
SERVPRO of Newark has the experience and equipment to mitigate flood damage. Contact us at (302) 733-7933 for professional restoration service. Don’t risk permanent damage to your basement.
Burst Pipe in a Newark? Get Fast Mitigation!
Water damage has entered your home without permission? Call SERVPRO and their IICRC trained technicians for any size disaster.
SERVPRO stops water damage with fast water removal services
Newark, DE, is a beautiful city with over 31,000 residents. It is home to the University of Delaware, and like many New England towns, has a rich history. The city can trace its roots back to 1694 when Celtic groups settled the area.
Education Plays a Fundamental Role
Education has always been vital to Newark townsfolk. Francis Alison started a grammar school in New London, PA, in 1743 and relocated the school to Newark in 1765. Alison was of Irish birth and known for his great intellect. He was an ordained Presbyterian minister as well as a teacher. John Dickinson, the author of the Farmer’s Letters, was tutored by Alison. He held several reputable teaching positions over the years. The Newark Academy that he ran ended up merging with New Ark College. It is now the University of Delaware. Three of the first graduates of Newark Academy went on to be signers of the declaration. They were:
- George Read
- Thomas McKean
- James Smith
McKean and Read would later have schools named after them.
Battle of Cooch’s Bridge
The American Revolution impacted Newark as it did many other New England towns. The Battle of Cooch’s Bridge took place just outside of Newark in 1777. Sadly, the bridge did not survive that war. Two significant events mark that particular battle:
- It was the only Revolutionary War battle fought on Delaware soil.
- It was the first time the Stars and Stripes flag was flown in battle.
The troops under General George Washington clashed with British and Hessian Troops. Generals Knyphausen, Cornwallis, and Howe led the British forces. The engagement had been going on for several days when the Colonials fell back to Cooch’s Bridge. The approximately 700 colonials were seriously outmanned. For a while, the Americans held their own but had to retreat due to depleted ammo supplies. The British eventually took over the property and burned many of the buildings. The Cooch house became the headquarters of Cornwallis for the following week. They would move from this location to the Battle of Brandywine and the capture of Philadelphia.
King George II gave Newark a license to hold weekly markets and semi-annual fairs for agricultural purposes in 1758. This allowed the folks to buy, sell, and trade with surrounding areas. In 1798, the Curtis Paper Mill was the first large industrial enterprise in Newark. It continued in operation until 1997. The Methodists founded a church in 1812, and 1837 saw the railroad arrive. Newark has been growing and developing ever since then.
SERVPRO Provides Water Removal Services to Newark Residents
When a pipe bursts in your home, water can quickly flow beneath floorboards, under cabinets, or seep down to lower levels. Even if you clean up most of the water, hidden moisture can cause severe damage.
Water is caustic and eats away at structural elements. Secondary damage such as mold can occur within 24-hours. Not a pretty picture but professional water removal can help you avoid all of those situations. To trace hidden water, we use:
- Infrared cameras
- Surface moisture meters
Our technicians understand the process needed to remove water from impacted materials. When approached immediately, many items homeowners assume are lost beyond repair can be saved.
For professional water removal services in Newark, contact SERVPRO of Newark at (302) 733-7933. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Families in Brookside can Bring Fun into their Homes.
SERVPRO is looking forward to seeing the wonderful creations that the children will make from home!
The Delaware Children’s Museum Provides At-Home Activity Kits for Families in Brookside
Families in Brookside and its surrounding cities all benefit from the educational programming at the Delaware Children’s Museum. Throughout 2020 and kicking off 2021, the Museum staff embraces its place as educators of young children and strives to make it easy for parents and caregivers to bring some of its magic home. Until in-person activities return in full, you can take advantage of the DCM Curbside Kits and bring them home for a fun family activity. Here’s more information on the kits-
- You can order them via the website.
- There are eight options to choose from, and prices are affordable.
- Contactless curbside check-in takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- Proceeds from the program help further the mission of the Museum- “Developing Creative Minds through Playful Learning.”
What better way to spend productive time as a family while supporting a local institution? And if your science experiment goes awry, you can always count on SERVPRO for fire cleanup and removal services. Our commercial and residential partners all count on us when accidents happen. We are quick to arrive at your place and start working towards full restoration.
SERVPRO of Newark is your ally in an emergency. Call us at (302) 733-7933 and let us leave your home or commercial property, “Like it never even happened.”